Friday, 20 February 2015

Review: The Casual Vacancy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

It took me a long time to finish this book, I started it in Australia last summer and only went back to it the other day. Even though I'd forgotten about it, I finished it in one sitting. It really gripped me when I picked it up for the second time, near the end of the book. 

It's a real slow burner which can make it a little difficult to get into, but it's character-driven, which I always love. Rowling is good at making the actions of her characters, even those that are seemingly foul, understandable and believable. They're all real people, and you can really care about them for this reason.

 I watched the first episode of the new miniseries based on this book the other day, it seems good so far. Will definitely be keeping up with the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment