Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I got given a Boots gift card by my uncle for Christmas and thought I'd buy a new foundation seeing as I lost my most precious favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear in Australia. I'm still convinced that somebody nicked it, but oh well. Definitely can't afford another of those at the moment, and I'd had it since I was sixteen... This stuff is pretty nice though. The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that I accidentally bought it in a shade that's a little too dark for me, as you can see by the swatches on my blindingly white hand. It isn't that bad on my face, as I generally only use foundation in place of concealer and my face isn't quite as pale as my hands. The shade is called "True Ivory" which is pretty inaccurate, but I guess it's my own fault for going shopping without my glasses. Maybe I'll just keep it as my summer foundation.

As you can see, the stuff is creamy and pretty highly pigmented. It blends on smoothly and stays put. You can't really go wrong, and it's pretty cheap too, at £8.99 in Boots. I'd definitely recommend. Of course, as soon as I look up the available shades on the internet, I find out that they've recently released a bunch of paler ones that aren't yet in all shops. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment