Thursday, 29 January 2015

A Mind Healing Bender


I've had the best week that I remember having in ages. It made me really remember my student days and the months I spent in Australia as well as my time spent doing fuck all productive as a feckless teenager. Needless to say I really miss it. I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by people and doing fun things, which I've kind of forgotten lately. It's hard to get yourself to do things, especially when you have no money and you feel like you should be staying in and job searching every single day, but it is important to try and keep yourself happy as well, which is something I haven't been bothering with in a very long time. But my mental health weekend away in Colchester extended itself into a mental health week away and I feel better, even though I had to come back to the same shitty situation. I'm going to try harder to enjoy things again, though, because I'm not getting any fucking younger, ha.

I've made a start by signing up to take a TEFL course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Somebody sent me the link to an amazing discount on Groupon, it ended up being something like 85% off, going from somewhere over £250 to £49. I can use it to teach classes or individual sessions in pretty much any country, apparently, and it doesn't take too long to take the course. I'll be registering and all of that official stuff tomorrow, aw yeah.

I also managed to book tickets to the Game of Thrones Exhibition on February the 15th at the O2! They're free if you're a Sky TV customer, and you get two tickets per customer. I was surprised I managed it, I thought they'd sell out within ten minutes but their servers were utterly inadequate for the sheer amount of people trying to log in and buy tickets at the same time and it took about two hours of refreshing to get to the booking page. Thank fuck for Sky being unprepared, and for people less geekily determined than me who gave up clicking and made space for me to book. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment